Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting a little shabby chic!!

Hello friends. I know its been awhile since I last blogged but I had an action packed week and there was just no time to do it!! HA HA!! I hate to even write what I did so I won't. I managed to stay home only two out of the five days last week. Tomorrow is Feb. 1 and I must get back on track and stop the madness. I was able to take the very first Shabby Chic class at Archiver's with my friend Cheryl. She is SO much fun and my newest partner of crime!! HA HA again!! We had a blast together on Thursday and it was a last minute plan for me. SO glad I went!! Both of us really enjoyed the class on Thursday evening and learned some new things. Paint (Ranger daubbers) and me don't get along too good just ask Cheryl. Too funny!! I am repeating the class later this month with friends at another location. Its a long story which I will spare you the details but can't wait to go again!! Sitting here watching the Grammy awards and loving it. It makes me want to run to Target and get the Grammy CD!! Maybe?? Maybe not but I do have a small gift card. We shall see.

I hope you all have a super week. We are slated for more snow on Monday and Tuesday. Great!! (not really). I am still accepting signups for my annual Superbowl Sunday Stamping Party at Lunds this coming Sunday, Feb. 7. We are making five really nice all occasion cards!! There will be prizes and yummy treats so email me now if you'd like to come or maybe just order the class kits. We always have a blast and the people are the best as well as the instructor!! :) Added two classes at Smudges (see right side of blog) and a free Make & Take on Saturday, Feb. 13 from 12-3 pm. Another busy week approaching so I better get back to setting up my inspiration/class table. Its going to be *lovely* and I even have a pretty Valentine's Day tablecloth for it. I really do love to decorate for the holidays so I hope I will be able to sweeten up my downstairs for Valentine's Day this year. I have a few things up my sleeve for this month so we shall see if I can pull them off?? Maybe baby?? The Valentine Amuse stamps are still available. If anyone wants them I will now pay the postage (US only) so let me know if you are interested. See post from Jan. 25. Thanks for stopping by as always and think Spring. I can't wait for winter to be gone and for the ice and snow to melt.

An early Tuesday note...I haven't scanned the card yet as promised but wanted to post this blog to let people know I'm still alive. I have been cleaning like a mad woman and purging junk. I am donating a stack of cards for our soldiers at an upcoming Archiver's event. Anyone local want to join me on Feb. 18 for a good cause?? Its Cards for Soldiers card making night at all Archiver's I believe from 6-7:30 pm. I've managed to make an even bigger mess in my living room but I will be stamping like a mad woman all day Tuesday and hopefully getting a much needed haircut later on. I may be going out of town on Wed. with a friend for the day. And please (note to self) watch the shopping and spending!! I was naughty in Jan. Can I do it? I will let you know by coming clean with myself on the 'ole bloggie this month. Catch you later friends. Watch for two cards from the Shabby Chic class later this week. Cheers!! Tami

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

You're sooo funny...can't wait to see your shabby chic cards..