Friday, January 15, 2010

Port-Au-Prince, Haiti

I have been glued to the TV this week watching the news and the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake. My heart is just aching for every single person in that country. It is so devastating. I couldn't sleep last nite so I watched Anderson Cooper on CNN. What a remarkable job all the journalists do under such horrific circumstances. I'd be crying every minute. It is especially hard to watch the dead being scooped up with a bulldoser and then dropped into a dump trunk but they have to do what is necessary. I feel so sorry for every single person in Haiti but think how horrific it must be for the people that are handling and disposing the deceased. God bless them. They are saying over 100,000 people are dead. I heard one report of 140,000. I can only imagine the stence in Haiti on day 3. I hope everyone will consider making the $10.00 donation to the Red Cross. It is a very small amount for such a good cause. I for sure plan to do it tomorrow morning. We Americans are just so lucky to live in the USA. Haiti is such a devasted country and certainly one of the poorest. We have it so good here.

In closing, go Vikings. I can hardly wait until Sunday to watch the game. Have a nice weekend. And yes Amy, nice certainly does matter. We need to love one another and treat people with kindness. Life is so precious and one never knows what today or tomorrow will bring. Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Tami

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Hey girlie...it is devastating...I feel for everyone that is involved...a washingtonian girl was doing volunteer work in haiti and she unfortunately was in one of the building that crumbled...breaks my heart. There are soooooo many things that we take for granted living in the good ole USA...

Have a good weekend sista...

Mary said...

very sad situation indeed. Mother nature can be quite cruel. I hope that the people pf Haiti get all of the help that they need ASAP.

My son was stationed there when he was in the Marines and he when he came home from that country he was not the same person. He told me a few of the horrible stories from his stint there.
It is the women, children and the good men of Haiti that my heart goes out to.

And I agree, nice does matter and life is too short.

Mary

Teresa Kline said...

You are so right, we do need to be kind to one another and pray for the people of Haiti. Your cards are so adorable, have a wonderful evening!

enjoy *~*