Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bad Daughter!








It's time to come clean with my readers. I *bought* my dear MOM this card at Starbucks a few weeks ago. Why? Because I simply loved it! The price was right...less than $5.00! It was such a beautiful card and I really loved the pretty colors. I scanned it before I sent it off to NH. Go ahead. I want to be called "Sandra Lee" please! I really did have good intentions on making my MOM's card *semi home-made.* I planned to stamp the inside and jazz up the envelope so it would count as a semi-homemade card! My plans changed. I blame my lack of stamping on the weather. We had heavy rain here today in MN. I had to get to the post office before it closed with an order so off it went in a beautiful naked coral Stardream envelope. Yes, it was a 100% store bought card. I know my MOM will have a fit when she sees I bought her a card when I make so many cards. I can just hear Ellie now. I want to try and do a *knock off* of this beauty some day. Oh I kept the Starbuck's gift card for myself as I forgot my MOM only drinks Green Mountain coffee. Yes, I'm a stamping instructor and I buy *nice* cards quite frequently. Bad Tami!! Nightie night. PS...I'm practicing creating my new Blogger posts. Thanks Emily for being such an awesome and patient teacher. You rock Scoopy!
Sweet dreams everyone. I'll be back soon. Tami

7 comments:

Beth Thomas said...

First, welcome to blogging! I can't wait to see what you have in store to share! There are so many wonderful "store bought" cards out there and I find them very inspiring when my mojo needs a kick!

Anonymous said...

It's a case of the shoemaker's children going without shoes! Can't wait to see your 'knock off' as it's such a cute card.
Carrie/Candy

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!! Your mom will be so pleased to receive happy mail, that I am sure she will "forgive" you, LOL! Would love to see your knock off version:) TFS: Tinla

Jen D said...

Congratulations on your new blog!!! I've added you to my blog roll and my subscriptions! I'm looking forward to seeing your designs!

mnhyrkas said...

welcome to the blogging world. I met you once at a class you did at Artsy Tartsy in Plymouth. Quite some time ago- a Halloween class I believe. You hooked me on the Sakura clear gel pen and now it's something I reach for again and again. Thanks!
Hope you teach somewhere else up here west side of the metro, Savage is a bit far to go with these gas prices. I love to read cardin' blogs but end up spending way more time in front of this 'puter instead of in my studio. Look forward to seeing your latest and greatest :)
Adelle

Tracy said...

ROFLOL! You are too funny girl! But not to worry. My DH ONLY gets store bought cards. Although he supports my crafty addictions, he just doesn't get it. This card is beautiful. Mom will love it!

Mary said...

Tami,

You are too hard on yourself. I buy lots of cards to give to my friends and family members. I think a lot of us do that. It's a pretty card and Your Mom will love it! :)

Mary