Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Somewhere over the RAINBOW...


Hello my friends. Finally I wrote out this card for my middle sister and got it off to Boston. I LOVE Memory Box stamps especially the adorable penguins and pandas. I must admit I have quite the collection!! Anyway this card is paper pieced and I actually colored on the Memory Box paper with my Copics a tad bit. I used my new Martha Stewart border punch. I had to mail off five cards to New England today (two Mother's Day) in padded envelopes no less and I was stressing big time as Monday is my Dad's birthday plus two other special friends. I've yet to make those birthday cards. One of the cards I mailed today was purchased at Walgreen's last weekend for my nephew who is 16. It was an adorable and BIG Hallmark dog card. I know, shame on me but I didn't have time to mess around. Even though I am a stamping instructor in the Twin Cities I'm really bad at mailing out cards. I frequently buy them at Caribou, Target, Hallmark or bookstores if I'm pressed for time. I know, BAD Tami!!

It was so humid this afternoon and then it started to get really windy and dark around 5:30. I decided to treat myself to a Starbuck's iced coffee. Of course while I was in there enjoying my coffee it started to rain like cats and dogs. I then went next door to Rainbow to do a little grocery shopping. After coming out of Starbuck's I couldn't help but notice the most beautiful twin rainbows. I was just blown away by their beauty. I sat in my car and just enjoyed them for a few minutes. Have you ever done this before? The colors were so vivid especially on the predominant one and I couldn't help but think about art and color. The word HOPE kept surfacing in my mind. Recently I've been *a little blue* and have gone through some serious rough patches in my life but today I realized there is hope. I kept thinking about the song "Somewhere, over the rainbow." I hope if you are still reading this long post I am not sounding too mushy. My afternoon experience seemed to tie in with my little penguin card as well as me and my family out east. I think this is an adorable little 3.5 x 5" 4-BAR penguin card that just speaks sunshine and smiles. Speaking of rain, even though I knew we where going to have a storm why didn't I use one of my four umbrellas in my car? I guess I just didn't care if I got wet or not!! Now I am thinking about how I used to play in the rain when I was a little kid. Anyway, thanks for stopping by and I'm going to start updating my blog more. For those of you local that take my classes I'm going to try really hard to squeeze in a weekday May class at Smudges as well as a Sunday May class at Lunds. Please email me if you have any questions or comments. I hope to have these two additonal classes in place by the end of the week. Lastly, I've started a scrapbooking project. I'm working on a mini 6 x 6" album for my little sister and I'd like to thank Sherry and Mary too for helping me get started. I really do LOVE it!! I am sending sunshine your way. SMILE!! Tami :')

PS...Sherry (Button Junkie) blog told me about 365 Cards blog and I'm hooked. Its in my blood now and I want to do it every day but I haven't been able to. I have never really done any card challenges but I'm very drawn to this site. Such nice ladies and so much inspiration. I will be back soon with my PINK card challenge hopefully soon. It was today's challenge. I must do this one....PINK? Come on now!! I've made lots of pink cards in my days.

Remember one very important thing: Nice matters. I read these beautiful words on a *blinkie* somewhere on some one's blog this week and I want it on my blog really bad. I don't know how to do it nor do I remember where I saw it?? Can anyone out there please help me???? I was able to figure out the Memory Box *blinkie* (little company logo) for those of you that don't know what that is. LOL!! Isn't Dave's little birdie just the sweetest?? Again, thanks for stopping by. Peace out.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, Tami! I hope to attend your class at Smudges. I need my Tami fix. Did you know Smudges is having a used stamp sale through Saturday? I hear Karen Lockhart is going to be there this summer. Can't wait to see your pink card challenge!
Carrie

Donna said...

I saw that rainbow also, it was beautiful. I can't wait to see your book you are working on. Good for you, scrapbooking, wow. It feels like forever since we talked. I love your card, very cute. Have a great day and week!!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

I love this card and it is even more amazing in person.

www.buttonjunkie.com

Mary said...

Your card came out so adorable Tami. I love that little stamp. I have him too. :)

Yes, I have sat and watched a double rainbow. They are amazing! That was back before I started taking photos.

Tami, no matter what.....there is always HOPE!

Hugs,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy, did I read correctly, humid, yikes we are flying to Minn next friday, nuts, I am not used to humid, I sure hope the graduation isn't out side. I'll melt, maybe no makeup or hair styling will be the way to handle it???? nah, I don't want to scare the kiddies. Pink, come on now, it is Thursday were is your pink?

Anonymous said...

The Nice Matters blinkie is on Amy ohttp://tsurutadesigns.blogspot.com/ne of the DT members at 365....

I hope that helps

Grandma Jan said...

Love the card and love the yellow. So adorable.
Hugs, Jan

Nancy said...

HI TAMI!!! This is so stinkin' sweet!! I absolutely adore that penguin stamp & you tied everything together perfectly!! LOVE IT!!!!

Susan N. said...

Cute card Tami. Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tami on being the guest on Dave's Blog - Memory Box!! I loved that card and this one with the bird cages also. I need to investigate more the Memory Box stamps and now especially their papers. Have a nice week-end. Vi S

Penny said...

Hi Tami!!! Your card is adorable! I love how you chose to use yellow...so bright & cheery! What a cute little penguin! :) I was just thinking about you the other day...wondering how you are doing. Take care!