Monday, May 4, 2009

Card challenge for Mother's Day!!...Day 65

This is my first post for Day 65-Mother's Day Card on 365 Cards Blog. I just found out about this awesome blog from my friend Sherry Button Junkie and I just had to beat her to the punch today. I think she will be shocked to see I actually participated when she gets up.

My card is 5.5" square and I used Basic Grey paper and coral chalk ink for edging. I stamped the Happy Mother's Day sentiment in a pretty green Momento ink. There are also green rhinestones from Memory Box below the sentiment. I used the St. Up corner punch and I pricked little holes in the larger corner punch out located on the upper left corner with a paper piercer on top of a foam pad. I used a Prima flower, a fancy pink flower cut from Maya Arts ribbon from Archiver's and I used Stickles on the middle of the flower. The three tiny butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch and I popped their wings up. Then I painted Stickles (glitter glue on them with a small paintbrush-no mess). Thanks for stopping by. I am SO excited about this *new* 365 Cards blog. Sherry my friend, I will see you at Archiver's later on today but for now I must get some beauty rest. Its wicked late right now and I can't sleep again. Tami...nightie night!!

17 comments:

Ivolina said...

Lovely card. Wonderful colours and very cute butterflies.

Maz said...

Welcome to 365 Cards, its great to have you aboard, its a wonderful blog but very addictive.
Lovely card, I love the colurs bright but still the card is very elegant.
Maz

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh my god. I can not believe you actually did the challenge. Now we will have card wars I bet. I haven't even went and looked at todays challenge yet.

~amy~ said...

Welcome to 365 Cards Tami! I absolutely LOVE your card...one of fav Basic Grey lines...excellente job!

Rose said...

welcome to 365! it is addiction so be warned!! LOL supper card and perfect for mothers day.

Kristie Larsen said...

wheew! I LOVE that basic great paper. just gorgeous! Fab job with the challenge!

Fi said...

Welcome to 365 cards, love your card, the paper is beautiful.
Hugs
Fi

Gloria Stengel said...

Welcome! And the card is lovely. You used my fav paper manufacturer!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card, and congrats on joining in on the fun and beating your friend to the punch :)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Welcome to the addiction we call 365 Cards..lol. Your card for today's challenge is so lovely and elegant great job.

Let the games begin...hehe.

Mary said...

Your card is soooo pretty Tami. I have this paper and would never have thought to use it the way that you did.

Mary

Pam said...

Welcome to 365, Tami! Your card is gorgeous :)

Bex said...

That paper is divine! Such an elegant card, fabulous!

Karen Lee said...

365 Cards is addicting!!! Awesome use of this BG paper!!

hugs, Karen Lee

Anonymous said...

Tami, thanks so much for the comments, it wasn't to long at all.
I am coming to Minn on the 15th, I wish I had time to take a class from you, that would be so fun, I really look forward to seeing more of your work at 365, as the gals have said very addictive, but also inspirational. Enjoy the "card wars" with your friend, hee.

AUsome mom said...

Oh, I LOVE it! Love that BG paper and the little butterflies are just precious. Welcome to 365!!

Vicky said...

holy cow! this is gorgeous! glad you found us at 365 and welcome! i look forward to seeing more of your work with our future challenges!